TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PAYMENT OF INCENTIVES
- After thorough evaluation, a university committee will decide on the claim for payment requested by the author/coauthor of the published Book/journal, or article.
- Research paper(s) must be affiliated to Cihan University-Erbil as shown in the following format:
Name of department or faculty, Cihan University-Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
- Researchers who are currently academic full-time staff members or part time staff members at Cihan University-Erbil are eligible to claim the incentives. For multiple authorship of the research paper, there should one of coauthor who is a staff member or affiliated to Cihan University-Erbil.
- The date of publications should be within the calendar academic year, e.g., (1/9/2017- 31/08/2018).
- For the permanent staff members of Cihan University-Erbil, the affiliation of Cihan University-Erbil should be first, unless the first affiliation is for an international university or international research center.
- For PhD candidates’ publications, Cihan University-Erbil affiliation should be the first or second.
- For the visiting lectures’ publications, the affiliation of Cihan University-Erbil should be either the first or second, but not the third.
- In case of more than one researcher in the same paper, the amount of incentive will be divided equally among coauthors.
- Incentives for publications with IF will be based on the latest Journal citation report (JCR) issued by Thomson Reuters.
- In a new release of JCR, an increase or decrease of IF does not affect the amount of publication incentive unless if the journal is listed under the Thomson Reuters list of Title Suppressions. In the latter case, the researcher needs to reimburse full amount of publication incentive along with journal processing fees.
- Publications indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) will be checked in September for its existence in Thomson Reuters list of Title Suppressions
- The aforementioned terms and conditions are only effective for academic year 2017-2018.